2018 ‘Prayer Walks’ Set for Sunday, April 15 and Friday, April 20
No Need to Sign Up…Just Show Up!
Your #ForColumbia2018 exec team is organizing two prayer walks this year in advance of our April 28th citywide day of service. We are hoping (and praying!) to have more than 100 people praying for our city at each of these events.
Please consider joining us for one (or both) of these walks, lending your support regardless of how comfortable you are with public prayer. Come by yourself, or bring your family and/or friends. Together, we will pray for the good of our city (Jeremiah 29:7), its leadership (1 Timothy 2:1-3) and its inhabitants.
- Sunday, April 15, 3:00-5:00 p.m. We will gather as a group at Second Baptist Church, 407 E. Broadway at 3:00 p.m. After a time of corporate prayer, we will split participants into groups that will then travel to locations all over the city such that we have people praying in all six wards of Columbia.
- Friday, April 20, 6:00-8:00 p.m. We will gather as a group at Douglass Park, 400 North Providence Road. So that as many as possible can participate, we will have a simple dinner available for those who want to participate, then plan to walk around nearby, identified ForColumbia serving sites/neighborhoods for a time of prayer.
Prayer is essential.
There is a huge need for all Christians to join together and seek God’s blessing for anything and everything we attempt as we seek the improved welfare of our city.
This year, we will be covering our city in prayer in the months leading up to our April day of serving, as well as on the day of the event. Each Ward in Columbia will have a prayer hub within it, where ForColumbia prayer volunteers will gather on April 28th to pray for our city and its people, the churches partnering to love and serve our community, and the work being accomplished on the day of serving.
If you are interested in joining the 2018 ForColumbia Prayer Team, please fill out the short form at the bottom of this page. If you have other questions or want to submit a prayer request, you can reach out by clicking the email button above.
Here are a few ideas just to get you started; it’s never too early to bring this effort before our God:
- John 1:1-5: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (Prayerfully affirm these radical truths as a foundation for the ForColumbia2018 initiative.)
- Seek the peace and prosperity of our city, where God has placed us, asking that He would guide and direct our city officials. (Jeremiah 29:4-7)
- Pray that God would bless the ForColumbia 2018 effort far beyond our ability even to imagine. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Ask God to protect all who participate in this year’s ForColumbia event, in whatever capacity. (Philippians 4:13)
- Pray that God would use this community-wide event to draw more people to Himself. (Mark 16:20)