Prayer is essential.
Never has it been more clear that we cannot control events and circumstances surrounding us. Thankfully, we know the God who is in control. We all need to join together and seek God through this nationwide health crisis, asking for His protection.
If you are interested in joining the 2020 ForColumbia Prayer Team, please fill out the short form at the bottom of this page. If you have other questions or want to submit a prayer request, you can reach out by emailing [email protected].
Here are a few ideas just to get you started; it’s never too early to bring this effort before our God:
- John 1:1-5: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (Prayerfully affirm these radical truths as a foundation for the ForColumbia 2020 initiative.)
- Seek the peace and prosperity of our city, where God has placed us, asking that He would guide and direct our city officials. (Jeremiah 29:4-7)
- Pray that God would bless the ForColumbia 2018 effort far beyond our ability even to imagine. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Ask God to protect all who participate in this year’s ForColumbia event, in whatever capacity. (Philippians 4:13)
- Pray that God would use this community-wide event to draw more people to Himself. (Mark 16:20)