This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available to everyone to enjoy. This year we are serving in city parks located throughout Columbia, all of which could use a little more help. When we give our time like this, we are actively seeking the good of our city in a tangible way.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working in this park to:
- spread mulch at the playground;
- spread grass seed and straw around new swing set;
- provide general clean-up around the property (trash pick-up, etc).
What should I bring?
- Columbia’s Parks and Recreation will provide all supplies and tools, trash bags, etc.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own leaf rakes to assist with mulch spreading.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents.