- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers: Arrive 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by working in locations that benefit the entire community. This year, we are excited to serve once again at Columbia Public Schools, including Benton Elementary School. Serving at our public schools is one way we can say “thank you” to the teachers and staff who are actively working in the lives of our children every day. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving Benton Elementary School.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outdoors at Benton:
- putting up fencing;
- install landscape edging along sidewalks within their nature area;
- spreading mulch and moving plants to other garden beds;
- assembling a chicken coop;
- painting multiple items within the outdoor classroom, and;
- building a ramp to an existing clubhouse.
What should I bring?
Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!