- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers: Arrive 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: on site BBQ!
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the rewarding ways in which ForColumbia serves its city is by bringing Christians together to serve other churches that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Church of the Covenant is a small church on Madison Avenue with a vision of blessing their neighborhood. This is a small congregation, however, and as such it struggles to keep up with the maintenance of its space. We want to offer to make light work with many hands by helping with a few projects in their building. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving at this Columbia church.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features two (2) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working at outdoors:
- clearing the space behind the building of overgrowth and small trees;
- repairing some siding issues at the back of the church;
- Doing some yardwork and potentially planting rose bushes in the front of the building, and;
- organizing children’s clothing for free distribution during the BBQ.
Volunteers may also be working indoors painting the worship space.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring garden gloves and any basic garden tools you may have, including loppers.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve outside as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!