- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by partnering with our city in ways that puts us in touch with those in Columbia who may feel more marginalized; elderly individuals, single parents, those with disabilities or those struggling with financial instability. This year, we are once again serving significantly in housing managed by the Columbia Housing Authority by sending hundreds of volunteers into public housing areas, including Bear Creek Family Townhomes. When we give our time for the benefit of others, we send the message that they are valuable.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features two (2) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working on multiple projects in this area of public housing. Some will work inside building a Free Little Library in the food pantry, while others will work outside cleaning up the outside common areas.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves and any small gardening hand tools you have.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, older children who can assist in this project are welcome to participate.