- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch Site for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Community Pop-Up Park, 807 Business Loop East
(Next to Dave Griggs Flooring America).
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available to everyone. We are excited to partner with the Downtown Community Improvement District (“The District”) to bring color and life to the downtown area, a part of our city that everyone in our community enjoys. When we serve in spaces like this, we truly are seeking the good of our city, something God has exhorted us to for centuries (Jeremiah 29).
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be serving outside all over the downtown area repainting and refreshing the downtown trash and recycling receptacles.
What should I bring?
- The District will provide all paint and other materials.
- Volunteers should dress prepared to paint.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Due to the busyness of the downtown area and our desire for the work to be done well, we do not recommend children under 12 be brought to this serving site.