- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch Site for Volunteers: Love Columbia, 1209 E. Walnut St.
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Community of Faith is a faith-based non-profit focused on finding ways to love and serve individuals in our city facing some of the hardest of life’s situations. This organization has in the last year begun offering housing assistance to men recently released from prison, as well as providing supports and resources and provision of basic needs. This is why we believe your day will be well-spent serving at this transitional home.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will work outdoors at this site, building a fire pit and cleaning up the back yard, clearing brush along the fence.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside. Garden shears and loppers would also be helpful.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case it’s sunny!
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
We do not recommend you serve with your children at this location.