- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch Site for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Tabernacle of Grace Ministry, 106 Business Loop 70 West, just off of Garth
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Compass Evangelical Free Church and Love Columbia are partnering with each other to have a life-changing impact in the lives of those most at risk for homelessness. This home, owned and maintained by Compass, is used to provide rent- and utility-free housing for families who have nowhere else to live and who are engaged in Love Columbia’s programs, working to get back on their feet.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will work outdoors at this site, cleaning up the yard, weeding, mulching and building a small retaining wall.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case it’s sunny!
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a good location to serve with elementary-aged children who can help!