- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers: Arrive 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
Every year, ForColumbia has chosen Coyote Hill as a serving site because of this organization’s impact on our community. Though located approximately 30 minutes northwest of Columbia, the vast majority (over 90%) of children who have called Coyote Hill home for a season of their lives are actually from Boone County; Coyote Hill has been providing a safe haven for many Columbia children since 1991. When we spend time working for the benefit of others in our community who are hurting, we send the message that they are valuable.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features four (4) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
Outside with no social distancing or inside with social distancing most of the time.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteer teams will be working both indoors and outside on numerous projects, including:
- weeding, mulching and other landscaping at each of the 7 homes on property;
- building a fire pit;
- deep-cleaning each of the homes;
- making minor repairs to two porches;
- building picnic tables;
- deep-cleaning all vehicles;
- demo’ing the old dock at the small on-property lake;
- as well as other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
Coyote Hill and ForColumbia will provide all necessary tools and cleaning supplies.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help!