This site will have a DELAYED START tomorrow. Morning volunteers, please plan to arrive at 10:00 a.m.
- UPDATED Serving Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 9:45-10:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site at Douglass Park, 400 N. Providence Road.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available to everyone to enjoy. This year we are serving in city parks located throughout Columbia, all of which could use a little more help. When we give our time like this, we are actively seeking the good of our city in a tangible way.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working in this park to:
- paint areas of black iron fencing around the park;
- general clean-up around the ball field, amphitheater and other areas of the property (raking leaves, picking up trash, etc);
- clean up and mulch the multiple planters along Fifth St.
What should I bring?
- Columbia’s Parks and Recreation will provide all paint supplies and tools, trash bags, etc.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own leaf rakes to assist with leaf and trash removal.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2019 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents, but we ask that children not be allowed to paint.