This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to Noon
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45 a.m to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Douglass Park, 400 N. Providence Road.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by working in locations that benefit the entire community. This year, we are excited to serve at a handful of Columbia Public Schools, including Douglass High School. Serving at our public schools is one way we can say “thank you” to the teachers and staff who are actively working in the lives of our children every day. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving Douglass High School.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working outside at Douglass High School on a variety of projects, including:
- cleaning out multiple raised bed gardens and preparing them for spring;
- spreading mulch in multiple garden areas, and trimming back bushes;
- constructing/planting a rain garden.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will provide all tools and plants necessary for this project.
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own leaf rakes to assist with mulch spreading.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, older kids can help serve at this site. Because Douglass is located on a high-traffic street, we do not recommend bringing children younger than 7 to this site.