This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
Why are we serving here?
One of the rewarding ways in which ForColumbia serves its city is by bringing Christians together to serve other churches that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Friendship Missionary Baptist Church is a congregation situated in Columbia’s Second Ward. This congregation is active in our community, including hosting a community garden. We want to offer to make light work with many hands for this faithful congregation. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving at Friendship Missionary Baptist.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be:
- working on 26 different community garden plots;
- adding dirt to these gardens and preparing them for spring;
- planting elderberry bushes around the perimeter of this area;
- other work is still being explored at this site and may be added.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia and CCUA are partnering to provide landscaping materials and plants.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves, a wheelbarrow and any small hand tools they have.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, older children who can assist in this project are welcome to participate.