This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. One of the organizations quietly working in our community for over 40 years is CMSE. This organization provides meaningful work for people with disabilities; one such location is Giving Gardens, a retail nursery that sells perennial flowers and bushes, herbs and other plants, where employees are given therapeutic work to do among the flowers…clearly a task they delight to do. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving CMSE Giving Gardens.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working both inside and outside at Giving Gardens:
- painting an office area that is being turned into an adult daycare room;
- planting and mulching around the property outside;
- installing a six-foot section of privacy fence on the property.
What should I bring?
While there is both inside and outside work, we encourage all volunteers to come prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Volunteers should also wear clothing appropriate for painting.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly project, but we ask that children not be allowed to paint.