This site has been CONFIRMED as of April 26, and will be held as scheduled, rain or shine.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Blind Boone Center, 301 N. Providence Rd
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Granny’s House is one of the small non-profits here in Columbia that is making a big impact in the lives of children. Granny’s House is a safe, nurturing place where public housing kids can come each day after school (from 3-6 pm) to see values, manners and God’s love in action. We provide loving arms, a safe place to play or do homework and an atmosphere of hope and calm in an all-too-often chaotic world. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving here.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working outside on a few projects, including:
- spreading gravel in the driveway;
- spreading mulch and planting flowers in the front of the property;
- other projects as identified.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case you are assigned to the outdoor work.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2019 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great project for serving alongside your elementary-aged kids.