This site was COMPLETED.
Thanks to all of our volunteers!
We’re especially excited to have been able to serve Granny’s House this year in a more significant way, as this 17-year-old ministry had in recent months purchased their first property. Many thanks to the 40+ volunteers from five different partnering churches who worked hard to accomplish a lot in a single day to help bring a welcoming feel to Granny’s new home.
Why did we serve here?
Granny’s House is a faith-based ministry to children living in public housing, showing the love of God to these kids in practical ways. This year, we are very excited to work at the new home of Granny’s House on E. Worley Street. When we spend time working for the benefit of others in our community who are often overlooked, we send the message that they are valuable.
What got done?
ForColumbia volunteers completed some significant work around this new property. Specifically, volunteer teams:
- built a pergola in the backyard over an existing concrete pad, creating a sheltered outdoor space to meet;
- installed new screen and screen door on the back;
- planted and mulched multiple beds in both the front and back yards;
- installed a paved walkway at the back fence into the back yard, and;
- installed new flooring inside the home at the front door.