This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Lois Bryant House is a Catholic Worker House that provides a home for those who are homeless, offering food, shelter and basic necessities for women. This safe haven is run completely on private donations and the willingness of individuals to live in the home and act as “house managers.” These selfless individuals do a lot of good with very little. This is why we believe your day will be well spent serving at Lois Bryant House.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be painting the kitchen.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will provide all paint supplies and tools.
- Volunteers should come dressed appropriately for painting.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
No, this is not a work site conducive to children assisting with this work.