- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers: Arrive 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Love Columbia (formerly Love INC) is making a big impact in Columbia to transform lives and community. Love Columbia works with people in need from the ground up, showing them the way out of poverty. This organization fosters relationships by raising community awareness of the value of caring for the disadvantaged, providing resources for churches to effectively and compassionately respond to people in need, providing specific opportunities for people to live out their faith, and connecting like-minded people to create strategies to resolve the complex issues related to poverty.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features two (2) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers at this project site will be working outside on the property of this newly acquired home cleaning up the landscaping – weeding, planting and mulching.
In addition, some volunteers will be working inside demo’ing the basement area in preparation for a planned remodel project.
What should I bring?
- If working outside, prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- If working inside, dress appropriately. ForColumbia will provide N95 masks as we anticipate the demolition work to be dusty.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Families working outside can bring older children who can assist in this project. We ask that no children be allowed to work in the basement demolition.