- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers: Arrive 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers: On site
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Love Columbia (formerly Love INC) is making a big impact in Columbia to transform lives and community. Love Columbia works with people in need from the ground up, showing them the way out of poverty. This organization fosters relationships by raising community awareness of the value of caring for the disadvantaged, providing resources for churches to effectively and compassionately respond to people in need, providing specific opportunities for people to live out their faith, and connecting like-minded people to create strategies to resolve the complex issues related to poverty.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working outside at this site, cleaning out garden beds and providing basic yard clean-up, as well as power-washing, repairing and painting the surrounding fence.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring garden gloves and any basic garden tools you may have.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a good location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help with yard work. We ask that children not be allowed to paint.