- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45-Noon
- Arrive at the Site:
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Nora Stewart Early Learning Center is one of the small non-profits here in Columbia that is making a big impact in the lives of children. Nora Stewart seeks to provide affordable childcare while focusing on delivering two primary needs to children: a strong academic foundation and a nurturing environment. They serve children from six weeks to 10 years of age and their families. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving at Nora Stewart Early Learning Center.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features three (3) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
Outside with no social distancing or inside with social distancing most of the time.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working both inside and outside on a variety of projects, including:
- cleaning and organizing a storage shed on the property;
- planting flowers and spreading mulch;
- raking leaves, picking up sticks and power washing/cleaning up the outside playground;
- building shelving inside the limited storage space to maximize its use;
- spot-painting two classrooms and installing window shades.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case you are assigned to the outdoor work.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly project within a fenced-in property, and young children are encouraged to serve with their families outside.