- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site
Why are we serving here?
ForColumbia’s mission – to bring Christians together to love and serve our neighbors – puts us in touch with those in Columbia who may feel more marginalized; elderly individuals, single parents, those with disabilities or those struggling with financial instability. This year we are returning to serve in housing managed by the Columbia Housing Authority, including Paquin Tower, a high-rise housing option for low-income individuals with disabilities.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features four (4) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
Outside with no social distancing or inside with social distancing most of the time.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working at Paquin Tower both inside and outdoors on a variety of projects, including:
- cleaning common areas in the building, including stairwells and common area bathrooms;
- helping residents with gardens, weeding and clearing beds;
- mulching and planting in flower beds around the property;
- cleaning up the basketball court;
- cleaning the individual apartments of those requesting such help, and
- other projects as designated.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, we encourage families to bring children.