This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by working in locations that benefit the entire community. This year, we are excited to serve at a handful of Columbia Public Schools, including Parkade Elementary School. Serving at our public schools is one way we can say “thank you” to the teachers and staff who are actively working in the lives of our children every day. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving Parkade Elementary School.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working at this school to:
- paint the ceiling of the outside portico leading to the main doors;
- spread mulch and plant flowers around the main entrance;
- paint and freshen the school’s brick sign;
- clean up the property in general (trash pick-up).
In addition, a few ForColumbia volunteers will be working indoors across the street at Parkade Baptist Church putting together teacher appreciation gifts for the teachers of Parkade and Derby Ridge elementary schools.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will provide all mulch, plants and paint supplies needed.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Volunteers are also encouraged to bring garden rakes and small garden tools to assist with spreading mulch and planting.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents, but we ask that children not be allowed to paint.