- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers log in 8:50-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers log in 12:50-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the most important ways by which the ForColumbia team serves our city is through prayer (Jeremiah 29:7). In the months leading up to June 5th, we have planned multiple opportunities for people to pray for our city. Our team is organizing multiple Prayer Walks all over Columbia and a prayer gathering in downtown Columbia on Saturday, May 22nd. More than anything, we pray that God will be glorified as we live out His call on our lives to love and serve our neighbors (John 13:34).
For more information on the timing and location of our prayer paths, visit our Prayer Walks Page.
Finally, we are also hosting an Online Prayer Hub on June 5th, the day of service; faithful Christians can volunteer to intercede on behalf of our city and for the safe and successful completion of #ForColumbia2021. Without God working through us, we can accomplish nothing of eternal value (John 15:5) which is why we think your day will be well spent serving at this Prayer Hub.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia prayer hub volunteers will gather together via Zoom to spend approximately two hours in intermittent, guided prayer and worship, led by Prayer Hub leaders.
- Volunteers will be given ample suggestions for topics and multiple verses of Scripture to consider praying through.
- Additionally, worksites all over Columbia will be sending “live prayer requests” to the prayer hubs by way of a private website page.
- Following this extended time of prayer, volunteers will also have an opportunity to visit a nearby ForColumbia website, pray for the volunteers at the site, the people being served, and the city. This activity is voluntary.
What should I bring?
- Prayer Hub volunteers are encouraged to have their Bible on hand.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great opportunity for older elementary children to pray alongside their parents.