This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site:
- Morning Volunteers: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: 11:45 a.m.-Noon
- Arrive at the Site:
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site at Primrose Hill, 1212 County Road 2696 in Clark.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Primrose Hill is part of Teen Challenge, a global organization dedicated to helping young people overcome addictions. Though located approximately 30 minutes north of Columbia in Clark, Mo., this faith-based residential recovery center has a significant impact on individuals in our own community, providing a unique niche for women with young children who are recovering from drug and alcohol addictions by providing residential care for both mother and child. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving at Primrose Hill Teen Challenge.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working at Primrose Hill’s two locations:
- At the Home:
- landscaping and spreading mulch;
- till and prep for spring four existing garden beds;
- staining the front porch steps, as well as a large back deck;
- constructing a door between the office and children’s area;
- replacing a gate in the daycare area.
- At the Church:
- landscaping and spreading mulch, planting bushes;
- replace window trim;
- repair drywall;
- clean gutters;
- remove paneling from a small room inside, begin replacing with drywall.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will provide all mulch, plants and basic supplies needed.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Volunteers are also encouraged to bring garden tools and to assist with spreading mulch and planting.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
This is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents, but we ask that children not be allowed to paint/stain.