This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Rainbow House is one of those organizations we are excited to serve. For over 30 years, Rainbow House Children’s Emergency Shelter has provided a safe haven for children in crisis by providing a stable short-term home for kids of all ages – infants through 18 years old – who are taken into protective custody as a result of abuse and neglect. This is why we think your day will be well spent serving Rainbow House.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working on this property to spread mulch and plant bushes and flowers in front of the building and around playground area.
What should I bring?
ForColumbia will provide all mulch, plants and basic supplies needed.
- Volunteers should bring work/garden gloves.
- Volunteers are also encouraged to bring garden tools to assist with spreading mulch and planting.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly site where children can easily serve alongside their parents.