- Serving Time: Varies depending on site
- Address for serving will be provided at a later date for those assigned to individual residences
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: You will be provided with this information in your assignment email
Why are we serving here?
When ForColumbia sends volunteers to the homes of individuals in our community, they are being given an opportunity to love and serve their literal neighbors. We serve at the homes of people in our city who, while they own their property, are struggling to maintain them. We seek in particular to serve our neighbors who are elderly, a single parent, who are battling frightening health issues, or are disabled. While the yard work we provide may not seem like much when compared to some of the things families face, our desire to give our time and energy to help others is powerful. It sends the message that they are seen and valued. This is why we believe your time will be well-spent serving at one of the many residential locations we have identified this year as serving site for ForColumbia 2021.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features four (4) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
Outside with no social distancing or inside with social distancing most of the time.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers at these homes will be working both inside and outdoors on a variety of projects, such as:
- organizing space for an older, disabled individual;
- cleaning up yards, planting flowers, trimming bushes or trees;
- making repairs to a bathroom;
- painting a room;
- cleaning the home of an older, disabled individual;
- making minor home repairs;
- And much more.
What should I bring?
- ForColumbia will provide all plants, cleaning/organizing supplies and other materials needed for the work to be done.
- Bring garden gloves and hand tools, in preparation for working outside. We also encourage sunscreen and/or a hat in case it’s sunny.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Many homes provide a great way for you to serve with children, but this is a question we will answer about your specific location, should you be assigned to serve at a home.