- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Morning Volunteers: Arrive 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Afternoon Volunteers: Arrive 11:45 a.m. – Noon
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site BBQ!
Why are we serving here?
ForColumbia’s mission – to bring Christians together to love and serve our neighbors – puts us in touch with those in Columbia who may feel more marginalized; elderly individuals, single parents, those with disabilities or those struggling with financial instability. This year, we are serving alongside one local church that regularly reaches out to those in their neighborhood. When we give our time for the benefit of others, we send the message that they are valuable.
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features two (2) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
Inside with limited social distancing.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
Volunteers will be working inside at this side helping finish out an unfinished space that this church will use for church and neighborhood events – painting, cleaning and other work as needed;
Volunteers will also be working outside:
- helping to offer a neighborhood BBQ for other volunteers in the area, as well as neighborhood residents, and;
- organizing children’s clothing for free distribution during the BBQ.
What should I bring?
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- Your site leader would love for you to consider bringing a dessert to share at the BBQ.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great location to serve as a family with elementary-aged kids who can help! However, we ask that kids not be allowed to paint as part of the interior work being done, in an attempt to preserve the flooring. : )