- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch Site for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Community Pop-Up Park, 807 Business Loop East
(Next to Dave Griggs Flooring America)
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available to everyone to enjoy. We are excited to partner with The Loop CID to continue to bring color and life to the Business Loop, a busy part of town that businesses and non-profits are actively working to restore. When we serve in spaces like this, we truly are seeking the good of our city, something God has exhorted us to for centuries (Jeremiah 29).
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will meet at the Community Pop-Up Park at 807 Business Loop East, and will be assigned to a specific location from there. Volunteers will paint stenciled designs on the sidewalks leading up to multiple crosswalks along the I-70 Business Loop.
What should I bring?
- The Loop CID will provide all paint and other materials.
- Volunteers should dress prepared to paint. All volunteers will also be given a safety vest for this work, as we will be working along busy streets.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Due to the proximity to traffic and our desire for the stenciled work to be done well, we do not recommend children under 13 be brought to this serving site.