- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
- Location: On site
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our city is by giving our time and energy to beautify community areas that are available to everyone to enjoy. We are excited to once again partner with The Loop CID to refresh a public space in our community that we helped build in 2019! This pop-up park along the Business Loop is a space for all of us to enjoy. When we serve in spaces like this, we truly are seeking the good of our city, something God has exhorted us to for centuries (Jeremiah 29).
Site Rating for COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity
This serving site features two (2) distinct zones of service.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing at all times.
Outside, possible to maintain social distancing most of the time or inside, with social distancing at all times.
|What does this mean?
Please see COVID-19 Awareness and Sensitivity Levels for more information.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working at this location to:
- create shady areas by hanging sails;
- replace existing green turf with other outdoor flooring or potentially some stenciled painting;
- plant multiple large landscaping containers.
What should I bring?
- The Loop CID will provide all plants, paint and other materials.
- Volunteers should bring work gloves.
- Come prepared to work outside; if sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2021 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a family-friendly, fenced-in site.