This site has been CONFIRMED for 2018.
- Serving Time: 9:00 a.m. to Noon
- Arrive at the Site: 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Lunch for Volunteers:
- Time: Noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Douglass Park, 400 N. Providence Road
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations who are actively seeking the good of the more marginalized in our city. The Wardrobe is one of these organizations in Columbia. This small resale store is located in the downtown area, and is run entirely by volunteers. It not only seeks to make donated clothing and other items available at a low cost to the community, but uses most of its proceeds to provide shoes to school-age children in Boone County. An important resource to the low-income in our city, we think your day will be well spent serving at The Wardrobe.
What can I expect?
ForColumbia volunteers will be working both inside and outside at The Wardrobe:
- painting shelves;
- organizing and hanging clothing donations;
- weeding and mulching two sides of the building’s exterior;
- planting a rose bush.
What should I bring?
- Volunteers should bring work gloves, and be prepared to work outside.
- If sunny, we encourage you to consider bringing sunscreen and/or a hat in case you are assigned to the outdoor work.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2018 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, we encourage families to bring older children who can assist in the listed projects, but we ask that children not be allowed to paint.