- Serving Time: Noon-4:00 p.m.
- Address: This information will be provided by Woodhaven site leaders the day of serving.
- Arrive at the Lunch Site: 11:45 a.m. – Noon.
- Lunch for Volunteers: TBD
- Time: Noon-1:00 p.m.
Why are we serving here?
One of the ways ForColumbia strives to love and serve our neighbors is by serving those non-profit organizations that are actively working every day in the lives of people in Columbia. Woodhaven is an organization that advocates for those with disabilities so as to enhance their lives, provide quality opportunities for choice and a safe community in which individuals with disabilities can connect. Many of those served by Woodhaven live in private homes with a caregiver, allowing them to live with more independence. As a caregiver focusing on the practical and emotional needs of disabled adults, it can be difficult to also maintain the property of the home they share. This year we are sending volunteers to these individual homes to help indoors and outside, to provide the kind of labor that these folks often cannot do for themselves. This is why we believe your day will be well spent serving Woodhaven.
What can I expect?
Woodhaven staff will provide brief instructions relative to your day. Details are being finalized on the work we plan to do at these homes.
What should I bring?
- ForColumbia and Woodhaven will work together to provide most supplies for indoor and outdoor work.
- In the event you are asked to work outside, volunteers are also encouraged to bring garden/work gloves.
- If sunny, bring sunscreen and/or a hat.
- We encourage all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes.
- Be sure to wear your #ForColumbia2020 T-shirt!
Can I serve here with my children?
Yes, this is a great opportunity for elementary-aged children to serve alongside their parents.